Terms & Conditions
This website (Site) is operated by Glenrose Investments P/L trading as The Shed Ski Hire (ABN 41 063 486 135) (we, our or us).
If you access our Site or services, you agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions (Terms).
When you submit your order online:
- you take responsibility for the accuracy of all information provided, and
- you accept these Terms and Conditions, as well as any additional terms specific to your booking.
A summary of your hire booking will be emailed to you.
If needed, you can check your height, weight and boot size at time of pickup. Our staff will check that gear fits correctly and edit your order as needed.
All hires are subject to availability. We have a huge range of stock on hand!
A credit card deposit is due at time of online booking, comprising:
- $15 per person whose order totals $15 or more, plus
- for each person whose order is less than $15, their total order amount.
Deposit amount for each person is shown on the booking form. Total deposit to be paid for your booking is shown on the booking form and on your invoice.
Balance of Payment
The balance of your hire invoice is due when you pick up your hire gear.
All online hires and all retail purchases made at same time as your hire pickup receive a 15% discount on our advertised in-store prices.
Altered Pickup Date/Time
You can change the pickup date/time for your booking without losing your deposit. Simply phone us or email new pickup date/time to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- no less than 24 hours before the new pickup time, if that will be earlier
- no less than 24 hours before the original pickup time, if your new pickup date/time will be later.
Deposits on any unused hires are forfeited when we close for the year. This is usually at end of the official snow season; but it may be earlier or later, depending upon conditions.
Cancellations, Refunds & Credits
Refunds or credits will not be given on no-shows.
If you need to cancel your booking: your booking deposit is refundable if you notify us at least 24 hours before pickup date/time:
- by phone or SMS, from the nominated contact phone number on your order, or
- by email, from the nominated contact email address on your order.
An administration fee and credit card fees will be deducted from any refund.
Refunds if applicable will only be made to the person who made the payment. For any enquiry re refunds & credits; please contact us at: email@example.com.
We cannot be held responsible for snow/weather conditions, or for cancellations or closures by third parties (including resorts, roads, accommodation, transport providers). Refunds apply in these circumstances only if you meet our requirement for a full 24 hours’ notice of cancellation.
We select only high quality gear for hire. We maintain all our gear in good condition and take every reasonable precaution to ensure that equipment fits well and is suitable for your needs.
You acknowledge that due to the nature of snow sports, wear and tear of hire gear is inevitable and it is not proof of inferior quality or upkeep.
- to be honest about the skiing or snowboarding experience and skill level of each person on your order;
- to abide by our Terms;
- to return all hire equipment at the time nominated on your order; and
- to ensure that each person on your order (if over 18 years) signs the hire Safety Form at pickup time; or (if less than 18 years) that a responsible adult signs the Safety Form on their behalf.
Website Content (Content)
Our Content is for general information only and does not take into account your specific circumstances. It is not advice. While we make reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our Content, we make no representation or warranty in relation to it.
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content on those websites.
We own all intellectual property rights in our Content. You agree that when using our Content, to attribute the Content to us and to include a link to the original Content on our Site.
Warranties, Liabilities &c
We comply with the Australian Consumer Law.
We reserve the right to alter our hire and retail products, prices, our Content and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
To the maximum extent allowable by law:
- we do not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to causes beyond our control;
- we shall not be liable for any costs resulting from unforeseen circumstances, medical conditions or changes to travel plans, death, loss, injury, accident, damage to personal property or delay;
- we make no representations or warranties about our Site or our Content, including that:
- it is complete, accurate, up-to-date and suitable for any particular purpose; or
- access will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses or hackers;
- we are not responsible for any loss, damage or expense suffered by you or any third party in connection with your use of our services, site and content.
These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales. If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 23rd March 2023