How does The Shed's 15% online discount work?
The 15% discount is ONLY available when you book via this website. You get 15% off the hire prices that you would pay if you just walk into our store and hire ski gear on the spot.
- Go to the Book Now page or the even faster Book Snow Play Only page on this website.
- Choose pickup & return days.
- Answer simple questions about your ski/snowboard experience (if you are booking these items), your age & size.
- Our booking system will show you the right snow gear options for you, with their discounted prices. Select all the items you want.
- You can continue to hire gear for your whole family or carload on the same order.
- Complete billing info and pay your deposit upfront. That deposit comes off the total that you will pay at pickup time.
- When you arrive at The Shed to pick up your hire equipment: add any retail items you want such as gloves, beanies, goggles, sunscreen. At the checkout, we'll take 15% off the price of your purchases too!
I'm not sure of my height/weight/shoe size.
Estimates are fine. We can show you a chart instore.
Our staff will take you around, to pick up all the right gear and check that it fits perfectly. Then we'll update your online order. Next time you hire online from The Shed, log in using the details we emailed to you. Your correct height, weight etc will be pre-filled.
Do I have to use my customer account on The Shed website?
No, you don't need to: but it makes booking online super fast and easy.
Book your hire gear on this website for the first time without a customer account. You'll get an email with optional login details.
For your next snow trip: when you log in to our website, the booking form will look up all your hire order information from your previous trip. Simply set your new pickup & return dates. Then you'll see your last order in full. If nothing has changed - just click to confirm! Or you can select different hire items, add new people & delete others.
We do not store customers' credit card information. Our booking system only remembers your previous equipment order and contact details.
I want to book skis/boards as well as snow play gear.
Use the Book Now page for your entire booking.
What payment methods do you accept on your website?
The Shed accepts credit/debit card payments (Mastercard, Visa) for online bookings.
How much do I pay to confirm my online booking?
You pay only the deposit at time of booking. The remainder of the hire fee is due when you pick up your hire equipment.
Online deposit is the total of:
- $15 per person, where their order is $15 or over, plus
- the order amount for each person whose order is less than $15.
'Person' means each person you have listed on your booking.
What if you have no hire stock left in my size/range?
We've been in the hire business for over 30 years and we can't recall this ever happening to one of our customers!
Even if we have an amazingly busy hire day & we don't have your precise size on hand (exceedingly unlikely): we can scale up or down slightly, according to your experience level. You'll still be hiring gear that's safe, fun and performs as you want it to.